Are you ready to join a 4 time US Best Managed Company?! KENT® Nutrition Group, a member of the KENT Corporation family of companies, is seeking a Director of Operation in our Western Region. The Director of Operations in the Western Region will oversee the day-to-day activities of the 5 western manufacturing plants located in Altoona IA, Columbus NE, Sheldon IA, Ireton IA and Waterloo IA, ensuring that the plants are managed and performing efficiently and effectively.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support and discussion with the Plant Managers of each location in the hiring and training of departmental managers.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Assist in disciplinary action and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy along with Corporate Human Resources and Legal.
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Work with each location to provide policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Have a full understanding of manufacturing processes and capabilities at each facility in order to be able to provide accurate, detailed feedback to corporate engineering, sales, and formulations as well as other departments.
- Initiate, oversee, and review with plant management individual budgets vs plant spend.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Work directly and communicate often with the Director of Quality Control as well as the Regional Director of Sales.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 3 years of experience in previous management positions.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10 or more years of related experience (extensive and diversified background).
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : Administrative