Looking to join a three-time U.S. Best Managed Company? Kent Nutrition Group, a member of the Kent Corporation family of companies has an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Diesel Truck and Trailer Mechanic at the Sheldon, IA plant!
The Diesel Truck and Trailer Mechanic will have their own two bay shop and be responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, and repairing semi-truck and trailer bodies, systems, and components. The Diesel and Trailer Mechanic will perform preventative maintenance measures on semi-trucks and trailers, assemble/dissemble vehicle engines and clean the fuel tanks. Will also maintain hubs and axles and adjusting or replacing them when required.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES:
- The Diesel and Trailer Mechanic is responsible for the timely repair and maintenance of the Sheldon and Ireton Kent Nutrition Group fleet vehicles and diesel-powered equipment to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
- Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer.
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to vehicles and equipment.
- Perform safety inspections to include annual DOT inspections of equipment as well as prepare safety documentation when required.
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
- Inspect and perform work on the under parts of vehicles.
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance.
- Maintain general upkeep and maintenance of the Truck Shop.
- Interact with leadership, drivers, vendors, and service providers through both email and phone as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICIATIONS:
- At least 5 years’ experience performing vehicle maintenance or must possess auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school.
- Must have valid Driver’s License with a Class A CDL.
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, and Fleet Management Systems
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.).
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly.
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox.
- 1 Year experience on trailer repair
- 1 Year experience on air brake repair
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General